French native speakers....or anyone good in French...Help!

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

French native speakers....or anyone good in French...Help! Empty French native speakers....or anyone good in French...Help!

Mensaje  Marceline Saga Vie Ago 05, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi! So....my classes have begun and that's obvi (I'm not active lately). I'm having some troubles with this homework.  :cantdotit:

So, I have to write this story in the past tense:

Je vais (1) a Aurillac par la route départementale 108. J'aime (2) bien cette petite route. Il fait (3) beau. Il n'y a pas de voitures. Il est (4) 2h de l'apres-midi.
Au bord de la route. je vois (5) un jeune homme. Il fait (6) de l'auto-stop. Il va (7) a Toulouse. Je le prend (eight) . Tout a coup, le moteur de ma voiture fait (9) un bruit bizarre et s'arrete (10) . Il n'y a plus d'essence. Le jeune homme me dit (11): "Je vais chercher de l'essence." Je ne crois pas (12) qu'il va (13) venir. Je le laisse (14) aller. Une demi-heure apres, il est (15) la avec un bidon d'essence.
Hier, J'allais.

My answer:
(1) imp (imparfait)
(2) p.c (passe compose)
(3) p.c
(4) p.c
(5) p.c
(6) imp
(7) imp
(eight) p.c
(9) p.c
(10) p.c
(11) p.c
(12) p.c
(13) passe resent
(14) p.c
(15) imp

I know I know...my French is so horrible  confused  s'il vous plaît, m'aidez! =(
Marceline Saga

Marceline Saga

French native speakers....or anyone good in French...Help! Empty Re: French native speakers....or anyone good in French...Help!

Mensaje  juleic1123 Vie Ago 05, 2016 5:05 pm

I'll move this to the french forum, we already have minimods and they can help. Very Happy Laughing
juleic1123

juleic1123

French native speakers....or anyone good in French...Help! Empty Re: French native speakers....or anyone good in French...Help!

Mensaje  Kilari59 Vie Ago 05, 2016 5:32 pm

Hello! Smile
So the first answer is correct, it's "j'allais". However, from 2 to 5, you also have to put the imparfait, because these sentences are descriptions.

Did you learn other past tenses in French, such as "passé simple"? Because I don't think that there should be pc verbs in this text. If I had to write it in the past tense, I would only use imparfait and passé simple.

One last question, what is "passe resent"? :s (answer 13)
Kilari59

Kilari59

Mensaje  Marceline Saga Vie Ago 05, 2016 7:27 pm

Thank you very much!
The past tenses I learned are le passe compose and l'imparfait... Passe simple? Do you mean le plus-que-parfait? Something like this: J'avais fini mon travail. (?) I'm going to study it next week, probably.

About the passé récent (sorry I wrongly wrote it "resent" -_-" ): Its formation is: v. venir de + infinitif

To answer that question, I tried to read it in English in my mind and think of P.C and imparfait as past simple and past continuous....but I have to pay attention to those descriptive sentences XD

Thanks again *U*
Marceline Saga

Marceline Saga

Mensaje  Marceline Saga Dom Ago 07, 2016 8:04 pm

Just to make sure...Shall I use l'imparfait for the 5th sentence? (Je vois) Cause it doesn't look like a description (at least for me) confused
Marceline Saga

Marceline Saga

Mensaje  Kilari59 Dom Ago 07, 2016 11:15 pm

No, sorry, don't use the imparfait here! I'm confusing you even more, sorry.. x)
Could you post here your final answer? I'll be able to correct it then Smile
Kilari59

Kilari59

Mensaje  Marceline Saga Lun Ago 08, 2016 4:10 pm

Kilari59 escribió:No, sorry, don't use the imparfait here! I'm confusing you even more, sorry.. x)
Could you post here your final answer? I'll be able to correct it then Smile
It's fine XD
I don't think I have time to send it...my class is in an hour's time...so I need to prepare myself. Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it....btw, that avatar and name are so familiar..I remember you from the old forums! =)
Marceline Saga

Marceline Saga

Mensaje  Kilari59 Mar Ago 09, 2016 1:11 am

Oh, you're welcome! But I don't think that I have helpedyou that much... xD

And I've seen in another topic that you are Marcelene77, and I remember you too! Very Happy
Kilari59

Kilari59

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba