changing username?

Página 1 de 3. 1, 2, 3  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

changing username? Empty changing username?

Mensaje  StarFire Jue Mayo 22, 2014 11:45 pm

hi guys! I was wandering if you are allowed to change your username, because I would like mines to be StarFire  Very Happy 
StarFire

StarFire

changing username? Empty Re: changing username?

Mensaje  Lovelly_girl Vie Mayo 23, 2014 7:39 am

I don't think that's possible dear... =(
Anyway, i like my user name just the way it is. I despised it all these years, but i started to get attached to it just when the forums closed. Anyway, if you really want to change your username that badly, i think you can make a new account and discontinue this one.
Lovelly_girl

Lovelly_girl

Mensaje  thedoniee Vie Mayo 23, 2014 8:50 am

Actually it is possible but only an admin can do it (or a global mod too aka Sal. Im not really sure). I dont like my username either actually and I dont think it'd be fair to other users to change the username. For example if you or I change it, then everyone else will want to change it (which would be fair because everyone wants to have a chance to do that).
 However, Im going to propose this to the staff and see what they say about it. ^^ 
thedoniee

thedoniee

Mensaje  Salomea Vie Mayo 23, 2014 9:35 am

As Don said technically it's possible, but we need to consider it from "legal" point- what should be the procedure, who should be allowed to to that, how often.
I'll let You know the results, and in the mean time think if You really want to change your username and if so, if really to what You picked now, ok?
Salomea

Salomea

Mensaje  Lovelly_girl Vie Mayo 23, 2014 9:55 am

But don't you think users will get confused who people are all over again? I mean, we know a person with a specific name, and when the name changes, it's difficult to identify that person. So, there might be a little bit of confusion going around even if mods can change our user names..
Lovelly_girl

Lovelly_girl

Mensaje  Salomea Vie Mayo 23, 2014 10:08 am

That's one of things we need to look at. If it will be much of confusion. Should we allow total change, or maybe just a small ones- like changing name from small to big letter, adding/deleting numbers, ect.
And please write your opinion and ideas here: https://online--winxclub.forumotion.com/t983-things-to-improve-in-forum It will be very helpful ^^

Salomea

Salomea

Mensaje  thedoniee Vie Mayo 23, 2014 10:23 am

I personally think we should give everyone one but one only chance to change their username to however they want. In the first post of that topic (of course if it happens), we can add a list of people with their actual usernames and how they changed it to. I personally have been wanting to change my username to: thedoniee. You kinda like can tell Im Don as none in the forum has a similar username to mine Laughing 

I think we should give them just one chance because itd get kinda messy if members told us to change their usernames every day. 
thedoniee

thedoniee

Mensaje  Lovelly_girl Vie Mayo 23, 2014 10:58 am

donjeta escribió: I personally think we should give everyone one but one only chance to change their username to however they want. In the first post of that topic (of course if it happens), we can add a list of people with their actual usernames and how they changed it to. I personally have been wanting to change my username to: thedoniee. You kinda like can tell Im Don as none in the forum has a similar username to mine Laughing 

I think we should give them just one chance because itd get kinda messy if members told us to change their usernames every day. 
Thedoniee? Wow... I think i should name myself Rude_girl just like you suggested.. JK.
Anyway, your idea sounds good too..
@sal: That's another good idea. Oh and thanks for the link.
Lovelly_girl

Lovelly_girl

Mensaje  Salomea Vie Mayo 23, 2014 11:20 am

Definitely list is a brilliant idea and definitely very day is too messy. I've been thinking that complete change- once only, little adjustment once in 6 months/year? Unless it's emergency- like one used word that sounds cool and then learns that it means something bad in some language, or combination of letters&numbers means something that don't want to, and we missed that too, ie. someone while registering picked username "Variola" without knowing it is in Lat. "smallpox".
And haha we're actually discussing it here Very Happy

@LG- great and please feel free to write all that comes to your mind ^^
Salomea

Salomea

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 1 de 3. 1, 2, 3  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba