A Life Within Lies - Original - Chapter iv!

Página 4 de 5. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Ir abajo

A Life Within Lies - Original - Chapter iv! - Página 4 Empty Re: A Life Within Lies - Original - Chapter iv!

Mensaje  Briadah Dom Ago 17, 2014 12:24 pm

xSwimmieX escribió: Laughing I'm the opposite, actually
Isn't that nice? Laughing  I guess opposites do attract huh? Very Happy 
Briadah

Briadah

A Life Within Lies - Original - Chapter iv! - Página 4 Empty Re: A Life Within Lies - Original - Chapter iv!

Mensaje  xSwimmieX Dom Ago 17, 2014 12:26 pm

WHA-?!
xSwimmieX

xSwimmieX

Mensaje  Icefeather Dom Ago 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Aaaah Cool! Can't wait to read the next chappy!
Icefeather

Icefeather

Mensaje  xSwimmieX Dom Ago 17, 2014 1:57 pm

Thank you :>
xSwimmieX

xSwimmieX

A Life Within Lies - Original - Chapter iv! - Página 4 Empty Not-so-romantic Lunch

Mensaje  xSwimmieX Sáb Ago 23, 2014 12:46 pm

A/N: This chapter was written on my sister's tablet, I sincerely apologize for any horrific spelling & grammar mistakes.

Isabelle jumped up from the swing in surprise from the voice behind her. Her first thought was that it was an assasain, hence, the leaping off the swing. She usually had a knife or kunai under her capri pants below her knee but she had come out of bed with only black jeans and a white tank-top on. She mentally smacked herself for not bringing any weapon, at least she could fight if she not had to, but she usually didn't like hand-to-hand combat, especially not against a trained assasain. She bent her knees at a 115 degrees angle, and readied her elbows; a fighting stance. "Sorry to have alarmed you." That voice said, now that Isabelle was over her initial shock, she realized fhat was a feminine voice. The speaker emerged from behind a cluster if trees which were behind the swings. The girl wore a black cloak with no areas for arms, only a split in the center, but Isabelle couldn't make out what she was wearing due to a lamppost being at least twenty feet away, he could, however, make out her features due to the moon being full. She had blazing fire red hair that wasn't like anything Isabelle had seen before, well, her birth father's hair had the same colour to it, he pushed away those thoughts and focused on the girl once more. The girl had bright blue eyes like on of Isabelle's old friends. She had pale skin, really pale skin that looked like the girl ha never walked into the sun since birth. The girl seemed nice enough, apart from the aura she radiated. It was as if the girl wasn't exactly human, or not fully. "...Yeah." Isabelle said rather awkwardly, "Oh, sorry. I'm Isabelle. " she said, realizing how rude she must have been. Isabelle wasn't one for manners, but she did understand that she had to be polite, whether she liked it, or despised it. She smiled and held her hand out. The girl smiled back as well, and shook Isabelle's hand, "Nia." The girl - Nia - said. Isablle remembered that her mother had originally wanted to name her Nia, but chose Isabelle later. She took her hand back and said, "Isabelle? Like the Minister's daugter?" Isabelle's shoulders tensed instinctively, bur she forced them to calm down, "Yep, that would be me!" The girl smiled a little more, Isabelle decided that this girl seemed sweet enough, even though there was a certain unsettling nature around here. "I thought I saw my sister here, but I guess she isn't here." Nia's smile disappeared and was replaced with a frown, but it faded quickly. "You aren't a ghost, right? There are tons of ghost stories about a lost soul looking for their lover, or family member." Isabelle said, trying to lighten the mood, and lessen the awkwardness. "Anyways, I have to go, my... friend must be worried about me." Nia hesitated for a split second before saying 'friend.' It was barely a moment, but Isabelle caught it, she decided not to ask the girl on the matter. Isabelle nodded lightly, and said, "Bye, it was nice meeting you." Isabelle wasn't sure if she herself if she thought Nia was a ghost or not. Well, that was random. Isabelle thought. She decided that it would be best going back to the hotel, it had been a confusin night and he needed sleep. She didn't realize how late it was until a grandfather clock boomed six times, indicating the morning of another day, the day she had practically lived for her entire life, the day he despised the most. Isabelle gently massaged the bridge of her nose, and walked back towards the hotel.

~o0o~

An hour in, and Isabelle was already temped to cause a commotion. Thankfully, her mother was doing all the talking. The dress wasn't half-bad at all. A white dress that ended right below her hips, it puffed at the end and at the arms like her blouse. It covered the entireity of her arms, and most of her neck. The collar was halfway upto her chin, and was in a heart shaped cut with black silk lining. There was similar lining on the edges of her sleeve as well. There was a frilly gauze at where the dress ended. She wore frilly black pants, which, incidentally were made of silk as well. She wore black pumps that had a sligbt heel to them. Overall, Isabelle wasn't in here favourire clothes, but she knew it could be a see-through dress that literally made her feel like a goat in a bath robe, and weighed a ton. Her hair was a simple matter; it was straightened and combed, open to it's full length with only a silver pin pinning it down from the center.

The room looked like om of those glass halls you would see in amusement park, only different. Instead of tiles, blue tinted glass covered the floor. There was a chair draped with red and gold linen. It had glass tableware like the floor. The room was bare, apart from the table, which only made it seem larger than it was. On the left side of the room was a huge windows with a nearly unnoticeable transparent light blue curtain. The curtain was pulled over the window, but blue-hued sunlight crept in. There was a huge chandelier directly above the table, and Isabelle was afraid it might drop on her as he couldn't see the cables holding it up. It had blazing red candle in it. The room had a weird look to it. It seemed like a clash of blue, red and black, but was strangely beautiful. No beautiful as if she would gladly paint her room like this, but beautiful in an eerie way.

'The one' was sitting right next to Isabelle, and she could tell he felt extremely awkward as well and she wasn't a very approachable person. She sar in her chair, her posture rigid, her hands folded in her lap, and a vacant expression in herface, she didn't have to fake the expression, he hsd this habbit of disappearing into her own head very often. It wasn't a talent which most people had, and she was rather proud of it.

His name was Luke. He had black hair which seemed to be blue in the light. He had a weird eye colour, it could be green, it could be blue, or it could be both, Isabelle couldn't tell. He had a pale skin which was lightly tanned. His brother looked nearly like him, he had black onyx eyes with brown hair that could easily have been mistaken as black. Isabelle could notice him looking at her through the corner of his eyes. Probably checking me out, Isabelle thought. She focused on the man sitting on he front of the top of the table; the two boy's father. Their mother had died two years ago. The man had dark brown hair just like his eldesr, and hazel eyes which crinkled up when he smiled. Despite his welcoming nature, Isabelle could sense that there was something wring with this man, she had he same feeling when she looked at his eldest sun. It was the same feeling she had had with Nia yesterday in the park. She could tell that her mother felt the same way. She had a calm face plastered on, but only someone who knew her well like Isabelle could tell that she was uncomfortable.

Isabelle's vacant expression disappeared into one of confusion for a split second as she saw some movement in the distant corner of the room, and she nearly jumped out of her seat. She realized that it was a parade of butlers bringing in dishes. She couldn't see mos of their faces even when they passed right next to her. She thought shensaw Nia, but realized that it was a redhead, who's hair was no where near the colour of Nia's. The girl set down a plate of what looked like beef with a lot of other things next to it.

The meal went rather uneventfully, or most of it at least. "Um... You're name is Isabelle, right? Nice to meet you." Luke said. Under other circumstances Isabelle would have glared at the boy, or felt bad about being such a closed book. Today, she didn't have either of those luxuries. "Likewise." She said curtly, puting her knife and fork down. Both of them looked away, the tension between them was thicker than anything she had felt. Isabele lightly tugged at the puffy sleeve of her left hand, it moved upward a little, revealing a clock. Isabelle nearly screamed in agony: nearly an hour left, if you included only the meal, and left out the meetingnwith the othe pime ministers. A least she didn't have to attend the meeting, at least not until she 'got married.' Isabelle let out a barely audible sigh and went back to singing Paramore's 'Ain't It Fun' in her head, it was an old song, from the time when the world still blessed technology, but she liked it. Most songs these days weren't he sort that she could really like.

Isabelle eyes moved from the ceiling to Luke's brother who was directly infront of her. He was staring at he in a way that made her skin crawl. It wasn't the stare of a boy looking at a girl he thought looked good, but more of a 'what can you do?' sort of way. As if he was wondering what she was capable of. Isabelle decided to stare back, as she did, he quickly averted his gaze, and so did she. She wanted to slap him for staring at her like that, but something told her that her mother would not appreciate that. She went back to her thoughts, trying not to curse her luck.
xSwimmieX

xSwimmieX

Mensaje  Joseyposey Sáb Ago 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Awesome chapter! I was thinking that the person that surprised Isabelle at the swing set was the prince on a walk, but it was Nia. Quite different from what I was thinking.
Joseyposey

Joseyposey

Mensaje  xSwimmieX Sáb Ago 23, 2014 4:21 pm

XD Bloomwinxgirl was also thinking that, and I originally planned to do that, but decided to jntroduce another character, an go apart from what everyone wa expecting.
xSwimmieX

xSwimmieX

Mensaje  Briadah Dom Ago 24, 2014 12:20 pm

I want to read more!!
I actually like the mysterious Nia and I hope to see her in the future chapters. And as for Luke, I have no idea what to feel about him....
Briadah

Briadah

Mensaje  xSwimmieX Dom Ago 24, 2014 5:28 pm

I've left subtle hints on who Nia actually is, you'll get what I mean when I get to a later chapter.
XD He's an adrable bunny who keeps getting Isabelle's wrath whenever he attempts to to socialize with her, you'll see that in the next chapter. I'm tempted to name it 'Isabelle becomes a butthead.' XD
xSwimmieX

xSwimmieX

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado

Página 4 de 5. Precedente  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Siguiente

Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba